Gun's don't kill people. People with guns kill people.


"No body could have done a better job than Obama, with the economy he was handed —including me!" —Bill Clinton—

Friday, October 5, 2012

WORD FOR THE DAY: Obstructionism

the practice of deliberately impeding or delaying the course of legal, legislative, or other procedures.

Commentary: The new jobs report—of 7.8 percent—and the fact that Obama has now  put 5.2 million people back to work—since his administration inherited the worst recession since the great depression—put wind in the sails of Obama and his supporters. 

And conversely once again confounded and deflated his enemies and nay sayers. 

This morning they became a collective mob of—muttering bah-humbuggers and "he must be rigging the numbers," conspiracy theorists. 

Which brings me to this nagging truth: Obama's obstructionist enemies have become enemies of this nation. 

By their own admission—they have been plotting his downfall from the day he was elected. 

Their only job has been to get the American people to fire Obama from his job—and in doing so they have been betting against America itself, hoping that the American recovery would fail just so they could put the blame on Obama. Every delay in helping America recover economically, has been a punishment, the obstructionist congress has inflicted on the American people, for electing a black man to sit in the oval office and occupy the white house.  

They have blocked bill after bill that would have made the recovery much faster and stronger. They have the lowest approval rating of any congress in American history and yet they have ignored the American people and continue their attacks on Obama even refusing to entertain bills that contain many conservative ideas—simply because Obama has endorsed them. The Health Care Act is a primary example—it originally came from an ultra right conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation.

But, in spite of their every effort to prolong this recession—that they and their failed policies created—Obama has proven to be a far better President  than they suspected and he has done a remarkable job WITHOUT THEIR HELP— in fact—IN SPITE OF THEIR CONTINUED OBSTRUCTIONIST TACTICS—he is prevailing. Their unrelenting hatred of Obama has blinded them to the real damage they haver done and are continuing to do to this nation. His singular focus on the welfare—of the 100% percent—of the American people is awe inspiring. And makes him worthy of another term in office so he can complete the recovery which began under his first term in office

The Republican led congresses only interest seems to be protecting the wealth and welfare of the 1%—for which they are willing sacrifice the other 99%.—to the point of sacrificing America's credit rating. *Maybe its time to fire them for the reprehensible job they have done and continue to do.

*  That the ELECTED might never form to themselves an interest separate from the ELECTORS, prudence will point out the propriety of having elections often.”       — Thomas Paine— 

No comments: